Project Foodie Privacy Notice
Welcome to the Project Foodie, Inc. (“Project Foodie”) web site (http://www.projectfoodie.com), and any other web sites or services operated or produced by Project Foodie (collectively, the “Site”). Project Foodie values the privacy of the users, subscribers, publishers, members, and others who visit and use the Site (collectively or individually, “You” or “Users”).
By using the Site, you expressly consent to the information handling practices described in this notice.
1. Information Project Foodie Collects:
- User-provided Information: You may provide to Project Foodie what is generally called “personally identifiable” information (such as your name, email address, postal mailing address, home/mobile telephone number) if you create an account, submit or create content, enter contests or sweepstakes, or otherwise use the features and functionality of the Site.
- “Cookies” Information: When you access the Site, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. Project Foodie may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings.
- “Automatically Collected” Information: When you access the Site or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your system by using different types of tracking technology. This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), a unique device or user ID, version of software installed, system type, the content and pages that you access on the Site, and the dates and times that you visit the Site.
2. How Project Foodie Uses Information:
3. Third-Party Advertisers:
- Project Foodie uses the information that you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Site as well as to track user-generated content and Users to the extent necessary to comply as a service provider with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- We will use your email address, without further consent, for administrative communications such as notifying you of major Site updates, for customer service purposes, to address copyright infringement or defamation issues, or to contact you regarding any content that you have posted to or downloaded from the Site.
- Project Foodie uses all of the information that we collect to understand the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the way the Site works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- Project Foodie may use “Automatically Collected” information and “Cookies” information to: (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the Site; (b) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and (c) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
4. When Your Information Is Disclosed:
- Project Foodie does not share your personally identifiable information with other organizations for their marketing or promotional uses without your express consent. Please be aware, however, that any personally identifiable information that you voluntarily choose to display on the Site – such as when you publish profile information – becomes publicly available and may be collected and used by others without restriction.
- We may disclose User information to affiliated companies or other businesses or persons to: provide web site hosting, maintenance, and security services; fulfill orders; conduct data analysis and create reports; offer certain functionality; and assist Project Foodie in improving the Site and creating new services features. We require that these parties process such information in compliance with this Privacy Notice, we authorize only a limited use of such information, and we require these parties to use reasonable confidentiality measures.
- Project Foodie may disclose User information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law) or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant. In some cases, we may make such disclosures without providing notice to Users.
- Project Foodie also reserves the right to disclose User information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; protect Project Foodie from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Site; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Project Foodie, our Users, or others.
5. Your Choices:
You may, of course, decline to share your personally-identifiable information with Project Foodie, in which case Project Foodie will not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Site. You may update, correct, or delete your user information and preferences at any time by following the directions here.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
6. Our Commitment to Data Security:
Project Foodie uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Project Foodie, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Project Foodie makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If Project Foodie learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Project Foodie may post a notice on the Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at
7. Children’s Privacy:
If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access THE SITE at any time or in any manner. Project Foodie does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years-of-age. If Project Foodie learns that personally-identifiable information of persons less than 13 years-of-age has been collected on or through the Site, then Project Foodie will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
8. European Visitors:
9. Change of Control:
In the event that Project Foodie is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users as part of that merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
10. Changes and Updates:
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically without further notice to you and this will be reflected by a “last modified” date below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received that personal information. Your continued use of the Site constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of personal information you have provided to us, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you and obtain your consent before implementing revisions with respect to such information.
11. Effective Date, Date Last Modified:
Privacy Notice effective as of February 20, 2007.
Privacy Notice last modified on November 22, 2010.
12. Project Foodie Contact Information:
Please contact Project Foodie with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information, and our third-party disclosure practices or your consent choices at: 1265 Hanchett Ave., San Jose, CA 95126 or by email: