Saturday, 06 October 2012
Rate, save, comment and tag this recipe
Recipe from Weelicious by Catherine McCord (William Morrow Cookbooks, 2012)We love our local Mexican restaurant so much that my husband and I even had our wedding party there. Every now and then we take the kids there for dinner and always order the same thing: shrimp tacos. They come out unadorned, and my guys love the interactive aspect of rolling them up and dipping them in a side of “no spicy” guacamole, as they call it. It’s fun to go out to eat as a family, but it can be expensive, and tacos are so easy to make that you really don’t need a restaurant. In fact, whenever we play “restaurant” at home (a game that always gets my kids to eat come dinnertime), this and a side of Big Kid Guacamole is frequently on the menu.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed through
1. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes, or until softened.
- big Kid Guacamole , sour cream, rice, grated cheese, salsa, chopped romaine lettuce
2. Add the shrimp, salt, cumin, and lime juice and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked through.
3. Top with the cilantro and stir to combine.
4. Serve with warm corn tortillas and the suggested accompaniments.
Last Updated ( Thursday, 11 October 2012 )