One-Pot Coconut-Chicken Curry
Monday, 06 December 2010
Rate, save, comment and tag this recipe
Recipe from Time for Dinner by "Pilar Guzmán, Jenny Rosenstrach, and Alanna Stang " (Chronicle Books, 2010)
active time: 25 minutes
total time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound chicken tenders (preferably kosher)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons madras curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cut into small chunks
- assorted toppings (roasted cashews or peanuts, fresh mango chunks, toasted coconut, chopped scallions, raisins)
1. Season the chicken with the salt; set aside. Over medium-high heat, warm the oil in a wide, shallow saucepan or small Dutch oven.
2. Sauté the onion, garlic, and ginger for 2 minutes. Add the curry powder, coriander, and cumin and cook, stirring, until fragrant, another minute or two.
3. Add the broth and coconut milk and simmer for 10 minutes to thicken. Add the chicken and apple and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with rice and whatever toppings you like.
Last Updated ( Thursday, 09 December 2010 )