Monday, 07 May 2012
Rate, save, comment and tag this recipe
Recipe from The Homemade Pantry by Alana Chernila (Clarkson Potter, 2012)
- Makes 4 cups, enough for 8 individual ½-cup portions
- 4 cups fruit juice (any will do-cranberry and peach are favorites)
- 2 envelopes (.5-ounce) unflavored gelatin
- Optional: 2 cups fresh, frozen, or canned fruit, such as blueberries, strawberries, grapes, or mandarin oranges
1. Pour 3 cups of juice into a medium saucepan and bring just to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Pour the remaining 1 cup juice into a large mixing bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over the juice. Let it sit for 5 minutes, then pour the hot juice into the bowl and stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
3. If you are adding fruit, lay it on the bottom of the pan, mold, or individual dishes. Pour the liquid over the fruit and refrigerate, uncovered, until set, 6 to 8 hours.Storage
Fridge: covered containers, 3 days
Last Updated ( Monday, 14 May 2012 )