Monday, 08 July 2013
Rate, save, comment and tag this recipe
Recipe from Le Pain Quotidien Cookbook by Alain Coumont (Mitchell Beazley, 2013)
There are days when only a restorative plate of spicy, chili-spiked eggs and smoky chorizo sausage will do, preferably washed down with a large cup of strong black coffee. It’s guaranteed to make you feel better.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 garlic clove, sliced
- 1/2 tsp smoked chili powder
- 5 thin slices of chorizo sausage, cut into thin strips
- 1 small green chile, seeded and finely sliced into 8 strips
- 1/2 tsp thyme leaves
- 4 eggs
- sea salt and black pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet or frying pan, add the scallions (spring onions), cover the pan and sauté over medium heat for 3–4 minutes, until softened, then add the garlic, chili powder, chorizo, green chile and thyme. Cook for another 2–3 minutes to let the chorizo release its oils and the garlic to brown.
Crack the eggs over the top and cook over medium–high heat for about 1 minute or until cooked to your liking. Add salt and pepper to taste.